Kathy 's Reviews > Last to Die

Last to Die by Tess Gerritsen

971945

bookshelves: favorite-authors, series, favorites, highly-recommend, mystery

Simply delicious to the last drop! Tess Gerritsen always delivers a great read, but Last to Die is an especially tasty treat. Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles are at their best in this blood chilling tale about three teens who have each survived two massacres involving their families and their foster families. Leave it to Jane and Maura to discover that the latest multiple homicide in Boston leaving 14-year-old Teddy Clock as the sole survivor is far from an unlucky home invasion. Teddy along with two other teens are being targeted, but there doesn't seem to be a connection to the three families. The teens end up at Evensong boarding school, which caters to traumatized teens, and promises to be a safe haven for them with its location in the Maine wilderness and carefully selected staff. But, evil can be a relentless adversary, and it soon is apparent that even a well fortified sanctuary can be penetrated. Gerritsen gives readers some tantalizing twists in a plot that is masterfully concocted. I couldn't stop reading, even though I knew that it meant the book would end more quickly, and one never wants a great read to end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last to Die.

July 15, 2012 – Shelved
August 29, 2012 – Started Reading
August 29, 2012 – Shelved as: favorite-authors
August 29, 2012 – Shelved as: series
August 31, 2012 – Shelved as: favorites
August 31, 2012 – Shelved as: highly-recommend
August 31, 2012 – Shelved as: mystery
August 31, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim Kathy, is the most recent novel in the series? I was a bit disappointed in the last one (the Chinatown one), but I'm prepared to give the series another try.

Kathy Yes, Kim, it is the most recent in the series. I have to agree with you somewhat about last year's set in Chinatown. It wasn't my favorite. But, Last to Die brings back the flavor of the series that I love.

message 3: by Janie (new)

Janie Johnson Great Review Kathy! Sounds like a great read!

Kathy Thanks, Janie. I'm catching up on posting my book reviews to my blog, and it pops up here, too, even though I read it last year.

Katherine Books Loved this book!

Kathy Yes, Katherine! It was really chilling!