Pete daPixie's Reviews > Deep Politics and the Death of JFK

Deep Politics and the Death of JFK by Peter Dale Scott

Jul 15, 2012

bookshelves: conspiracy-schmiracy, history-u-s
Read from August 07 to 13, 2012 — I own a copy

'Deep Politics and the Death of JFK' (1993) is one of the more challenging publications of this genre. Peter Dale Scott writes a rapid fire analysis of American twentieth century politics and power structures, that links covert intelligence agencies, a criminal underworld, military and big business forces that operate together beneath the democratic system.
There are no smoking guns in Dealey Plaza here, no Jack Lawrence in the storm drain. Rather Scott provides us with a deep tangled web that ensures truths are hidden for 'national security reasons'.
Scott asks, "to what extent has our visible political establishment become one regulated by forces operating outside the constitutional process, rather than through it?"
If I stray from this authors viewpoint, I find that he quibbles in his view that November '63 was not a coup d'etat. In accepting only a fraction of Lifton, I do not see the murder of the 35th president as anything other than the most cynical covert op and cover up.
'Deep Politics' is a steep climb, but worth the effort, no matter how repugnant and disturbing is PDS's historical journey.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deep Politics and the Death of JFK.

08/10/2012 page 107