Martin Karlsson's Reviews > Snabba cash

Snabba cash by Jens Lapidus

5921958

This is a book that received a great deal of media coverage when it was released. I did however have a massive backlog of books I wanted to read before I was ready for this so it has been waiting for me for quite some time. This however gave me a chance to read it outside of the review spotlights taking out its toll on my perception of the book.

The story is about a young man hunting for the good life and fast cash in the coke driven parts of high society Stockholm. It is a crime/gangster drama set off in current time and even though it shines through that Mr Lapidus is fresh on a literary basis he do succeed in showing of a world that feels realistic.

There is a main plot and a few sub plots which the reader is tagging along and I do enjoyed it. At the very last part of the book I however did get a feeling of a rushed ending but since this is something I often feel it might be as much my own reading as the authors story that created this feeling.

I rated the book above average and I believe that it is a score that would be shared with readers who are looking for a crime drama set in a cold and hard part of the Swedish society.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snabba cash.

July 15, 2012 – Started Reading