Lucinda's Reviews > The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain: Elven Resurrection

The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain by Oldman Brook

Jul 15, 2012

bookshelves: first-reads

Magical moons and worldly wizards...

This has to be the most exciting book that I have encountered this year by a most accomplished author. I could hardly wait to read ‘the wizard of crescent moon mountain’ as soon as I herd news of it being a first-reads giveaway that I had won, hence by the time it arrived I was delving strait in and sat engrossed within its pages for hours. Not wanting to put this remarkable story down I encountered the most fascinating and original storyline, being utterly unique within this genre and quite comparable to JRR Tolkien at his best or JK Rowling’s Harry Potter. Magical creativity in abundance this story opens a window into your heart, igniting your imagination and letting it run with the most outlandish but also highly believable creation. Traveling into the future with two main characters called Finn and Beezle you are swept into the most enchanting world called Everlast, which I cannot compare to anything else I have encountered in literature; with its memorable and distinctive characters to its sheer brilliance and atmosphere that takes ones breath away. With the help of the wizard of crescent moon mountain named Greybeard, these three characters take you on a quest of a lifetime to save the world against the most deadly warrior. Glued to my seat with tense anticipation, I plunged into a story that was thrilling from page one and which kept me in suspense throughout.

Similarly to other writers of this particular genre the author Oldman Brook has created something that his readers will find truly realistic and credible, where you connect to the characters and their stories. The concept also of the illusive weapon was also another twist within this detailed plot, which added even more drama and excitement to this already deeply complex but fascinating story which gets better and better with each passing chapter. The book is adorned with the most beautiful illustrations that bring the story to life, where the black and white words jump off the page and turn into vivid color. I felt a part of there tale and adventure as I began to learn more about each individual character, being thus able to relate to them and connect with their quirks and particular attributes. I am so excited by this author and can almost certainly predict great things to come, as even the thought of turning this tale into a film and placing it on the big screen has crossed my mind; it would be in league with ‘the hobbit’ for sure. For those readers who devoured JK Rowling’s highly commended series and who enjoys a story with all the elements of a great and memorable fantasy fictional tale, then look no further as here is a novel which will delight many readers. The fact that this also had the most dramatic climax and ended on a spine-chilling cliffhanger made it all the more brilliant as I finished reading with a rather large grin on my face.

A highly enjoyable and enthralling read that will have you sitting on the edge of your seat throughout, and is something that I cannot enthuse about enough. With an absorbing plot that will keep you guessing, to remarkable and distinctive characters that you will fall in love with. This has to be my book of the year that is going strait to the top of the bookshelf, and something which I urge you to add to your to-read lists in a hurry!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wizard of Crescent Moon Mountain.

Lucinda Review also on amazon.com & uk

(I would like to say a big thank you to both the author and Goodreads for this oportunity) x

Oldman Brook Lucinda

I just want to say a big thanks for what can only be described as a 'wow' review. Upon publishing the book, I didn't really know how well it might be received, and I'm humbled by the fact that you enjoyed it so much.

Thank you for taking the time to read the book and post your review. It is really appreciated.

Regards