Jo's Reviews > Glass Houses

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

bookshelves: young-adult, paranormal

I was very reluctant to pick up this book and start reading the Morganville Vampires series.Not because I'd heard anything bad about it, just because I felt like I'd really explored the "teen girl meets vampires" thing in enough details already.

Boy, am I glad I changed my mind!

I happened to read (and love) one of Rachel Caine's other books earlier this year. A week later, I come across a review of the Morganville Vampires by a male blogger who raved about the series. I probably still wouldn't have picked up this book except that I happened across it in a really fortuitous way a few days later. I started reading it that afternoon. I finished a few hours later, enthralled and in love with the people and the place and desperate to read the next book.

Rachel Caine has a fantastic writing style, with a really strong voice. I'm sure this is one of the (many) reasons I loved this book. Right from the start, I empathised with Claire -- the smart, geeky girl being pushed around by the popular kids. And once the other characters were introduced, I liked them as quickly as Claire did.

It's a great story, an interesting and surprising plot (I was totally blown away by some of the twists, and that's a rare thing indeed!), and a group of characters that I want to spend much, much, much more time with.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glass Houses.

Started Reading
May 10, 2012 – Finished Reading
July 14, 2012 – Shelved
August 4, 2012 – Shelved as: young-adult
August 4, 2012 – Shelved as: paranormal

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Brian JOOOOOOOOOOOO! I miss you, JO. Everywhere I GO, I'm really missing JO. Bua hahaha. I made a rhyme this time. :OP