A.'s Reviews > By the Pricking of My Thumbs

By the Pricking of My Thumbs by Agatha Christie

19929606

bookshelves: mystery, murder-mystery

This was my second Agatha Christie mystery ever, and I am so happy I read it. By The Pricking Of My Thumbs is book 4 of the Tommy and Tuppence mysteries, in which Tuppence goes on a journey to a small village to solve the mystery of a missing woman from her husband's aunt's retirement home. This mystery, however, unravels more than she was bargaining for.

This is one of her later books, and I very much like the writing style. The fact that it takes place in the 60s, later than her more known books, is actually kind of refreshing. I love the fact that Tommy and Tuppence are solving mysteries even as older folks, and I so want to be like Tuppence as I grow older, though maybe with less murder.

I'm not making this review too long as there is not much to analyze. It's a fun mystery and I would recommend it to everyone.

I read half of the book in hardback, and listened to the latter half on audio via Scribd, with none other than Captain Hastings himself, Hugh Fraser, narrating.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read By the Pricking of My Thumbs.

December 8, 2020 – Started Reading