Ianf's Reviews > The Last Wish

The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski

U 50x66
Jul 13, 2012

I absolutely loved this book, partially however due to the fact that I loved both the games and was very interested in the canon. The story is fantastically constructed, with the main character Geralt recollecting over several of his past adventures as he rests at a temple, healing from one such adventure. Many of the concepts within the stories take their influence from well known fairy tales, which is a nice familiar reference in an otherwise quite different book. The book is put together differently than that of an English or an American author- but this isn't a bad think as Sapkowski's writing style is refreshing, even if some of the translation seem to not quite roll off the tongue.
This book is not for everyone- it can seem quite bare of description at times, quite conversation heavy at others, and if you don't get invested early it would probably be quite easy to leave. However I found The Last Wish to be a compelling and worthwhile read and I can only hope that more of Sapkowski's work is translated in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Wish.