Emily Nicholas | Emily The Book Nerd's Reviews > Bitter Rivals

Bitter Rivals by J. Sterling

it was ok

I so badly wanted to like this book more. However, I was bored most of the time reading Bitter Rivals. The story dragged on and was nothing but predictable. Honestly, I just didn't connect with any of the characters. It got to a point where I just didn't care what was going to happen but I still ended up finishing the book. I do think this writer has great potential though and maybe I just didn't click with this particular book. I needed more steam and banter between the two main characters. I don't even know why the author labeled this book as the two characters being enemies to lovers because there wasn't as much tension as to be expected. Enemies to lovers is my favorite romance trope and these characters just didn't do it for me. I needed more. I honestly cared less about the family feud. The feud felt like the author snapped their fingers and it was suddenly just over. There was no development. I had a hard time believing that the parents were just suddenly fine and accepting of the two characters getting together after a multiple generation feud.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bitter Rivals.

December 4, 2020 – Started Reading