Ashton's Reviews > Assassins

Assassins by Tim LaHaye

Jul 13, 2012

liked it
Read from July 12 to 14, 2012

I'm not sure what I really think about this book. There were some things I really enjoyed and there were other things that I didn't like at all. I'm still not a fan of the way that the he does prologues but I've complained about that so much that it hardly seems important enough to keep complaining about. What I really, really disliked about this book was that Rayford, one of the main characters, has a major change of attitude/character that isn't really explained. Yes, he's angry and stressed and has a lot going on but he goes from being his normal self to suddenly murderous, raging, and angry. It's poor writing for the change to happen so drastically and so suddenly rather than being a gradual change. A lot of times, I feel like the author is trying to force his story so he manipulates events and his characters in ways that don't make sense which really detracts from the overall story.

Despite that, I did enjoy the story overall and find it hard to put down. There is a lot of action and suspense in this one which is really good to see. I had a hard time stopping reading when I had a few minutes here or there to spare. I guess that's a good sign even though there were things I didn't like in the book, I am still interested in the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Assassins.

07/13/2012 page 49