Energy's Reviews > Second Survivor

Second Survivor by Leah Moyes

54301934

I’m unable to do my typical review style of this book because there is so much that happened, it’s impossible to sum up without spoiling it, and the blurb does it much better than I could.

I was already a big fan of Moyes before starting this one. I love that she takes the reader back in time, to an event that, at least for me, was completely unknown. There are several pivot points in this book, and one of them involves secrets Isabel is keeping. It was absolutely refreshing that we got to that pivot point much sooner than other books might have. The tension wasn’t impossibly long and drawn out, and that aspect alone makes this a 5-star read.

Second Survivor is a fine piece of historical fiction that adds some romance, and a mystery/thriller aspect that keeps you reading long after you should be asleep. The characters are rich and multidimensional. I liked that there were multiple plot lines at play here because they worked well together. The author’s note at the end of the book goes into great detail about the shipwreck of the General Chanzy, and the intense research Moyes did into the book. Such a great read!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Survivor.

December 2, 2020 – Started Reading