Craig's Reviews > A Plague Upon Your Family

A Plague Upon Your Family by Mark Tufo

Jul 12, 2012

Read from July 18 to 21, 2012

*potential spoiler alert*

While not quite as good as the first book, I found Zombie Fallout 2 to be a fast paced, quick read. A couple of things prevented me from giving it a 5 star rating.

The first has to deal with Eliza's origins. Mark Tufo has gone into the realm of impossibility here. I know...I'm reading a book about the zombie apocalypse and I am arguing about realism. It may seem strange, but there is a point where willful suspension of disbelief becomes impossible. For me that point is having a vampire become a lead zombie. I suppose one could argue she is still simply a vampire and only 'controls' the zombies. I just can't wrap my head around the concept.

My second problem is harder to explain. In the first story I couldn't stop laughing at the 'toilet' humor. Strangely, in the second book it has begun to get old. I don't laugh as hard at the 32 fart joke.

Still, I would highly recommend Zombie Fallout 2 to anyone who enjoys laughter with their horror. Mark Tufo does combine the two quite wonderfully.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Plague Upon Your Family.