Nina ~ Social Butterfly PR's Reviews > The Siren

The Siren by Tiffany Reisz

Jul 12, 2012

Read in July, 2012

The Siren by Tiffany Reisz is more than just a book to me…so much more…it is more like a Land....a Land where the characters are my neighbors, the scenes are my landscape and the pleasured pain is my own.

In Siren Land the banter is witty, sharp and intelligent. There is Nora, the ‘Switch D/s author who wants to finally be published by the impressive Royal House firm’, Zach the 'ran away from home in more ways than miles' reluctant editor, Wes the live-in virgin 'falling in love with the older woman' medical student, Kingsley the ‘eccentric BDSM club owner whose doors are always open’, Griffin the ‘the trust fund baby whose money lets him play on both sides of the street’ and Søren, always Søren. Each of these characters brings something so intricate to the neighborhood, whether it’s a party, a breakup, a revelation, a friendship, or a good whipping, Tiffany Reisz writes more than just descriptions of these people I have come to love, she brings them to life.

As a voyeur in Siren Land I strain to eaves-drop as:
Vanilla concepts are challenged-
"She had tied him up and set something free"
"Hope is a horrible thing, and I love you too much to give you any"
"Erotica is a joint effort between writer and reader"

Pleasure/ Pain lines blur-
"Of course it hurt. Sheridan didn't love it until it hurt."
"You know how to beg. That's a good start."
"She waited for him to penetrate her, but he was too cruel for that."

And love and passion overlap and undercut-
"I'll stay so close you'll think I'm inside you"
"If I show up on your doorstep, get ready to say ouch”
"Not being hurt is what hurts"

And she writes of love in a way that makes you feel as if you were the orator of her own words, "If you come back to me," he said, "will you run or will you crawl?" Nora answered, "I'll fly."

Disagreeing with Charlotte Bronte who is quoted in the book, “Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.” In Tiffany Reisz’s Siren all expectations are surpassed. In shame and penance, I confess I love this Siren Land. Never have I felt the depth, width and breadth of a story slither seductively from its pages into my being, lingering there as I wait breathlessly for more Nora, more Wes, more Griffen, more Kinglsey, more Zach and though I fight it, more Søren.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Siren.

Emily ~Social Butterfly PR~ I completely agree with the more part.

Katie Beautiful review! I also agree wholeheartedly.

Nina ~ Social Butterfly PR Thanks so much!!! Writing a review on a book like this can be fun because it makes you remember all the great parts about it!