Kayleigh {K-Books}'s Reviews > Eden-West

Eden-West by Janelle Stalder

Jul 12, 2012

Read from July 12 to 13, 2012

Eden-West review on K-Books

"Everyone makes their own paths in life if they want to, you just have to try."

Wow! I have no idea where to even start with this review. I was lucky enough to receive Eden for review from the amazing Janelle last year and I fell in love with this amazing world so to be the first one to read and review the sequel, Eden-West, it's fair to say I was very very excited. I thought nothing would be able to beat the first book in this series but I was so wrong. Eden-West is phenomenal and I cannot gush about it enough.

Aiden is just settling back into his every day life after his trip to Eden but all of a sudden he is pulled from his world back into Eden. But are the reasons for him being there really good reasons? Aiden believes something sinister is at play and with the help of new friend, Moose, he is determined to find out what it is.

Janelle is fast becoming one of my favourite authors of all time. Whenever I start her book I cannot put them down until they are done and end up usually reading them in one sitting. Eden-West was no different. I was completely sucked back into the world of Aiden and his travelling between the normal world and Eden from the very first page. One of the things I love most about this series is that it doesn't just tell one story but you get multiple stories within the one novel. You have Aiden's story and you follow his journey but then you also have the story of Elisa, Wolf and Logan, Aiden's friends from book 1 and then the story of the awesome Callum and Brutus, the other side of the war. I was fully prepared to be completely anamoured by Callum's side of the story as he was my favourite character in book 1, however all the way through the book I wished we could just get back to the store with Elisa and Wolf. To me Eden-West is definitely their story and I loved every second of it.

My favourite character in Eden-West? Wolf without a doubt. I really liked Wolf in book 1 but now he is my new book boyfriend. I totally fell for him, though I do believe he needs a smack in the head to knock some sense into him! Him and Elisa are obviously madly in love with each other but both are too damn stubborn to admit it. I just wanted to reach into the book and push them together... or bang their heads together to knock some sense into them. One of the two, either way they need to be together. Their is one of those epic love stories where they just have to be together as anything else just wouldn't be right. Plus I would probably want to kill Janelle if they don't end up together. I have high hopes for their story in the future books in this series.

One thing Janelle is superb at in this series is getting conflicted emotions from you. I was laughing one minute and heartbroken and crying the next. This book has it all, it is fast-paced and action-packed and will leave you breathless wondering what could possibly happen next. I was just completely shocked by the ending and I just need to know what is going to happen right now! If you loved Eden then you will adore Eden-West. It completely surpassed my expectations, which were already really high, and I cannot wait to see what will happen next.

A heart-stopping and breath-taking sequel that will leave you begging for more. Without a doubt a must-read for any fantasy fan!

"You are the most beautiful creature I have ever met, and the only thing in my life that makes me truly happy."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eden-West.