Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)'s Reviews > A Western Winter Wonderland

A Western Winter Wonderland by Cheryl St. John

This book reminds me of how much I love westerns. All of the authors in this volume are dependable writers of good romance, and they don't fail you. Cheryl has the wonderful beta hero in Seth that she is so good at writing. You will fall for him, just as Marvel does. I also like the Marvel is not immune to issues of vanity or insecurity. She fears aging poorly because of having much older parents she had to take care of in their ill health. She is also about seven years older than Seth. But they are the perfect couple in many ways. Seth is such a sweetie and he deserves to have a woman he loves and truly wants to be with.

Jenna also writes a powerful romance. Ford is a bounty hunter who specializes in bring back violent killers dead (not alive) after his family was savagely killed by a criminal. He accidentally shoots single mother Abby and takes personal responsiblity for nursing her back to health and caring for her son in the meantime. He falls deeply in love with them both, and has to choose between opening his heart to love and possible loss or living on the edge and waiting for his death.

And lastly, Pam's story involves Sonja, who has a bad reputation in the small town because people don't understand why she keeps pigeons and often meets with the army. She is a good woman who is doing a dangerous job, but has been unjustly judged. She helps Beau by nursing a found fox kit back to health, and thus gets intertwined into the lives of Beau and his father Chet, whom she is deeply in love with. This story reminds me that the unsung heroes will be rewarded, even if the world doesn't recognize the sacrifices they make for the welfare of others. Poor, misunderstood, lonely Sonja is justly rewarded with a real family who love her as much as she loves them. I am very glad I read this, because it's a nice, warm book to read for the holidays. It has a winning combination of family and children, the warmth of Christmas, but also the uncertainties and dangers of western life with a promise of a happy future. This is a great book to read at Christmastime for a genuine lover of western romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Western Winter Wonderland.

October 31, 2008 – Shelved
December 22, 2008 – Shelved as: older-woman-younger-man
December 22, 2008 – Shelved as: bounty-hunter
December 22, 2008 – Shelved as: family
March 8, 2011 – Shelved as: favorite-or-autobuy-author

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen Nice review, Danielle. I'm on a western kick right now so I'll be on the lookout for this one.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Thanks, Karen. It's a good one. Hope you enjoy it.

message 3: by Denise (new) - added it

Denise ~sigh~ another to my TBR pile... If you hadn't mentioned westerns.... lol.. Great review!!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Thanks, Denise. I love westerns, so I know the feeling!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish I wish I had had this one at Christmas time!

Thank you for the review.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Thanks for reading it, D! It's nice to have those books that remind you of the Christmas spirit.

message 7: by Rbeey (new)

Rbeey ThanQ for this nostalgic treat..!yayy..Icant wait to Read..!

message 8: by Leona (new) - added it