Heather (hungrycookiemonster)'s Reviews > Cross My Heart

Cross My Heart by Katie Klein

Jul 11, 2012

bookshelves: normal, young-adult

Original review posted on: heathersworldofbooks

I giver Cross My Heart by Katie Klein 3.5/5 stars (rounded up to 4) for being fairly entertaining and teaching me a whole new meaning to the story ark behind Ethan Frome, in which the story heavily relies upon.

Disclaimer:

I’m going to do a short review of Cross My Heart. Though, the story was beautifully written and the characters were very lovable, I just feel it if I wrote anything lengthier, at this time, it wouldn’t do the novel any justice since I have many concerns.

Plus, the last thing I want to do is discourage anyone else from reading it.

Cross My Heart review:

Cross My Heart is one of those cute young adult romances that fellow readers rave about where the good girl meets the bad boy and they fall hopelessly in love despite all odds. Typically, I’m a huge fan of this theme; having read countless books before that used this same formula. However, I just couldn’t get into Cross My Heart for reasons that are still unbeknownst to me.

I will add that Cross My Heart has one of the biggest shockers. Reading as much as I do, I'm usually very perceptive and catch on to things fairly quickly. No way did I ever see this coming!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cross My Heart.

July 11, 2012 – Shelved
July 19, 2012 – Started Reading
July 30, 2012 –
12.0% "I'm confused. "Soon-to-be official nephew" makes me think that the little boy is not blood related to Jadan. As in now that the baby's mom is marrying her brother, they will be related. Wouldn't he always be her 'offical' nephew because Jadan's brother is his biological father. I may be reading to far into this but that was weird."
August 2, 2012 –
34.0% "Thoughtless(by S.C. Stephens) flashbacks. Don't do it Jaden! *eye twitches*"
August 2, 2012 – Shelved as: young-adult