Shelley's Reviews > Nothing to See Here

Nothing to See Here by Kevin    Wilson

On the surface, this is a tale of a young woman who's had some hard knocks and her friend who got all the gifts of wealth, privilege and beauty. And also it's about some kids that burst into flames when upset. Nothing to see here, move along. Wink, wink.

It's different, witty, and off-beat. It's also a sly examination of what parenting must feel like, about what even making the decision to become a parent might be like. Good and bad, welcome and unwelcome, all at the same time. A huge change in your life either way. I don't know if that's what you're supposed to see here, but I think so. It's what I saw, anyway.

This book never feels intricate or deep, in the characters or the plot. Yet you still get a good sense of the main characters and their motivations. It just works, and it's a fun read. Not a must-read, but a "what the hell, why not, you won't regret it" read. Perfect for when you're not really sure what to read next.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nothing to See Here.

November 25, 2020 – Shelved as: read-soon
November 25, 2020 – Shelved
February 15, 2021 – Started Reading
February 18, 2021 –
40.0% ""I hated the way I always tried to get out of hard work, but, Jesus, hard work sucked.""
March 2, 2021 – Finished Reading