Gabriela's Reviews > The Charge: Activating the 10 Human Drives That Make You Feel Alive

The Charge by Brendon Burchard

Jul 11, 2012

The Charge: Activating the 10 Human Drives That Make You Feel Alive
In 'The Charge', Brendon Burchard, top motivational expert, asserts that even in a restless, overworked and sometimes mundane world, it is possible to live an extraordinary life. He identifies 10 drives that are the force behind our humanity and these drives include: the desire for greater control, congruence, competence, challenge, connection, creativity, contribution, caring, change and consciousness. Burchard proposes that by seeking to fulfill these drives, one is able to experience a happier life and to live their passion.

Burchard is an inspirational trainer and I like the fact that his books, including this one, come out as thoughtful and well researched. Admittedly, there are piles and piles of self-motivation books out there. Yet, Burchard has a way of mixing psychological truths with familiar narratives and this serves to inspire you to want to achieve a better life. I have read most of his work and I have found them very useful. I like the question he poses: are you caged, comfortable or charged? It gets you to aspire for a more vibrant life.

This book is highly recommended to anyone who is looking for motivation to turbo charge their life. However, the book needs to be read over and over before understanding the underlying philosophy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Charge.

message 1: by Dirk (new) - added it

Dirk Fecho I just attended High Performance Academy live in Santa Clara. Brendon was amazing and has extraordinary energy! He has inspired me!