Francesca's Reviews > The Dex-Files

The Dex-Files by Karina Halle

Jul 11, 2012

bookshelves: love-this-author, creepy-scary

I was lucky enough to win an ARC of The Dex-Files. As always, Halle managed to suck me in within the first few pages. I finished the book within a night - I. could. not. put. it. down.

As the premise describes, The Dex-Files is a compilation of scenes from each of the EIT books from Dex's POV. I love that the reader has a chance to get inside his head and see what he is thinking for some of the most pivotal scenes in the series. One of Halle's greatest strengths is the ability to really feel what Perry is feeling and understand her POV. I love that while reading the books you can never quite tell what Dex is thinking or how he'll react. It's what keeps me on the edge of my seat. The Dex-Files gives you a little peek into how he thinks and what he feels. Of course (it shouldn't be surprising) Dex has a dirty mind and I loved every minute of it. He does think about sex quite a bit but honestly, what guy doesn't? I think it's a great set-up to the next book in the EIT series. If anyone wasn't sure how Dex felt about Perry after reading the first five books, there is no question after reading this one.

As always, I anxiously await for the next book - Into the Hollow - to come out. October is just too far away :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dex-Files.

Quotes Francesca Liked

Karina Halle
“Guess that’s a thing you still do. You know, look like a douchebag.”
Karina Halle, The Dex-Files