Sherry's Reviews > The Library Dragon

The Library Dragon by Carmen Agra Deedy

Somehow, I had missed out on reading this book! We picked up the book with the audio cd at the public library and it's now my new favorite book about Librarians. I will definitely be using it and recommending it for elementary librarians. Classic!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Library Dragon.

Started Reading
July 10, 2012 – Shelved
July 10, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Margaret Boling About 3 years ago I heard Carmen Agra Deedy do a story telling "concert" (?) in which she told about one of her early encounters with a librarian. It was both hysterically funny and poignant/pointed about the importance of librarians who know their readers, especially the child readers. I tried to find it on TED talks later, but though she has TED talks, she isn't telling that particular story. I'll look this book up. Thanks for the review.

Sherry If you can find this book with the cd, I highly recommend it! The author reads it and the dragon has this "I've just smoked a carton of cigarettes" voice. It is classic.

Margaret Boling Sherry wrote: "If you can find this book with the cd, I highly recommend it! The author reads it and the dragon has this "I've just smoked a carton of cigarettes" voice. It is classic."

Thanks. :)