Lisa Filipe's Reviews > A Fool's Gold Christmas

A Fool's Gold Christmas by Susan   Mallery

bookshelves: arc, netgalley, first-reads

What a great end to the Stryker Family saga within Fool's Gold. I was very curious to know what Susan had in mind for Evie and she certainly didn't let me down.

Evie Stryker, baby of the three Stryker brother's, is forced into Fool's Gold when she is injured while performing as an NFL Cheerleader. Evie has a lot of resentment towards her family, especially her mother, who has always treated her like an outcast, since she was conceived out of wedlock. Evie takes a position at the local dance studio, where it is left on her shoulders to produce the annual Christmas Recital. Since the dance studio is located above her brothers firm, she seems to run into her brother, Rafe's, best friend and business partner, Dante Jefferson, a lot.

Dante can't stand Fool's Gold, nor can he stand the little tapping feet that dance across his ceiling everyday. He decides to confront the teacher, and instead is struck silent by her beauty and elegance. Dante knows that getting involved with his best friends little sister is not a good idea, but the more time he spends around her, the more time he wants. But can he ever be what she really needs or will he be one more person in her life to disappoint her?

This was such a wonderful addition to the Fool's Gold series. I loved Evie and Dante. Susan Mallery sure knows how to pick the perfect mates for her heroes and heroines, and these two are a special pair. I loved the magic of the season, the sparks that ignite when Evie and Dante are together, and the romantic ending to a beautiful story. Dante might just be my favorite Fool's Gold hero!!

My readers know how much I adore the Fool's Gold Series, so I hope you have read them all, but I will definitely recommend this wonderful Christmas romance.

Enjoy and Happy Reading!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Fool's Gold Christmas.

July 10, 2012 – Shelved
July 12, 2012 –
July 12, 2012 –
July 13, 2012 –
July 13, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Dixie-Lee Campbell Another review I enjoyed by you A Tasty Read Book Reviews's review
Sep 03, 12

. for my review I should just say read your review. The only difference in the comment ... This is the first of the Fool's Gold book I have completely read. but did sure did enjoy it.

Just wondering ??? What does it take to get a 5 star on a book. I gave it a 5 star because I thought it was amazing and could not put it... and when I did kept thinking about finishing if I was awake... so got up at 4 am and finished it today. I love Christmas stories and thought this was awesome. Loved out the kids and animals were worked into the story... and respect they each received. Reality there are problems in families and there is hope for troubles to be overcome - outcome was positive. I loved reading about the The Evie and Dante relationship as it evolved & the big brother "Rafe" warning to Dante. & the slamming on the relationship brakes' comment from Evie's mother that had Dante running and truth declaration. Liked the summary on the back cover too.