Mag's Reviews > The Kundalini Yoga Experience: Bringing Body, Mind, and Spirit Together

The Kundalini Yoga Experience by Dharma Singh Khalsa

Jul 10, 2012

bookshelves: science

A great introduction to Kundalini yoga and chakra practice.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kundalini Yoga Experience.

message 1: by Barbara (new) - added it

Barbara Mag, as you know from past discussions, I have been a long-time practitioner of yoga. I am very turned off by recent trends around here. It's interesting that you have reviewed this book, because I have been thinking for a while that Kundalini is probably the best route for me. Now I need to find a teacher!

message 2: by Mag (last edited Jul 13, 2012 03:57AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mag Hi Barbara,
I am doing teacher training in yoga and one of my assignments was to find out and present a different type of yoga from the one we are studying. I have a friend who teaches kundalini yoga so this was the one I researched. She gave me all the materials and taught me some basic techniques. I like it- I find that all the breathing and rhythmic movements relax my mind and my body and are an excellent prep for meditation or sleep. That said, I found I wasn't stretched enough after the class and was lacking some standing poses- it' s mostly sitting or lying down. I was also lacking a workout, so for me it couldnt be the only type I practice, but it's definitely worth incorporating into a daily routine.
If you have a good teacher around, go for it!