shannon 's Reviews > Beautiful Demons

Beautiful Demons by Sarra Cannon

Jul 10, 2012

i admit it, i wasn't expecting a whole lot from a book with the premise "demonic cheerleaders" other than some entertainment while i was in the car for a few hours. boy, was i surprised! not only was this book engaging, clever and well-paced, the story hooked me and i'm now on book three in the series. what i like the most about this is that every time you think you know what might happen or where the story is going to go, it surprises you with a twist or two and shakes things up in a very believable way.

there's also a nice bit of ambiguity as far as "good versus evil" in this story, which is probably my favorite thing about the world that Sarra Cannon has created -- it's a lot more complicated than you think it's going to be, and I really appreciate that about this series.

Harper is a fun main character, she's brave and determined and all of that, but what i love the most about her is how *curious* she is -- it's not always a virtue and it leads her into some sticky situations, but i identify with that very strongly.

i won't mention how old i felt when Harper found the yearbook with her mom's high school picture from 1994 -- the year before i myself graduated high school! kids these days ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Demons.