Julia's Reviews > Wicked Nights

Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter

Jul 09, 2012

liked it

Wicked Nights is the first installment in Gena Showalter's new Angels in the Dark series - and it is just what the title promises. Wicked. Wickedly sexy, wickedly dark - And is has wickedly charismatic characters that keep you engaged. I have only read one other book by Gena, and it is the sixth in her Alien Huntress series. So I was excited to have the opportunity to try her out with a fresh series. So many people have recommend her to me.

I love watching a world become real and Gena does a wonderful job at painting a vivid picture. She crammed a lot of information into Wicked Nights, but it never feels overwhelming. I will admit that I did not always feel connected with the main characters, but had no trouble at all becoming enthralled with secondary characters. I found myself craving for more information about Xerxes and Koldo. Crossing my fingers that at least one of them will get their own story!

Just a heads up, this is a spin off series from her Lords of the Underworld series. I haven't read that series, but in no way did I feel lost or confused throughout Wicked Nights. I wouldn't have even realized this if so many of my friends hadn't been talking about it in the first place. There are references to the LotU series here, but it didn't bother me. I liked it- I think I'll be checking out the first book in that series (The Darkest Night.)

If you're an angel and urban fantasy junkie, I highly recommend Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Nights.