Kim's Reviews > Plot Twist

Plot Twist by Bethany Turner

Plot Twist
By Bethany Turner
Rating: 4/5

Since I was such a huge fan of Bethany Turner’s books, I was so excited to receive an advanced reader copy of Plot Twist. The title and cover and description just got me. I was excited to dive into another romantic comedy.

When aspiring screenwriter Olivia Ross meets an interesting and struggling actor at a coffee shop, she forgets to get his name despite agreeing to meet back in ten years. Each year, Liv finds some coincidence or another that makes February 4th stand out. When Liv figures out who that actor from the coffee shop was, she begins to keep track of his career as she struggles to finish her screenplay. What’s more real - her writing or her actual personal life? Can the glamour of Hollywood even compare to romance in real life?

I laughed. I cringed in embarrassment. I was giddy with excitement at the ending. I thoroughly enjoyed this entertaining book. I can understand why there were some negative reviews because the style is so different than her other books but I don’t think it deserves the harsh comments. I will say that I was a bit disappointed that the book was more a clean romcom than a Christian romcom. However, I always love all the pop culture that Bethany includes in her stories. The resurgence of “MFEO” is now inevitable. If you know, you know.

Moving the story from year to year - snapshot to snapshot- started off entertaining but ten years seemed a little too long. I wanted more growth from Liv. But then a part would pull me back in until I thought I had guessed the plot twist.

Highly recommend if you enjoy hilarious, clean romantic comedies with some modern day glitz and mystery.

My thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC of the book. All opinions expressed here are entirely my own. No positive review was expected and no compensation received.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plot Twist.

November 16, 2020 – Shelved