Lilivette's Reviews > Static

Static by Tawny Stokes

FULL ORIGINAL REVIEW @ HERE!

What’s the first thing you think about whenever you read the summary of this book? You think about Jennifer’s Body, don’t you? I am completely sure that the summary reminds you of it, but let me tell you this, this is soo NOT like Jennifer’s Body. I have to admit that I thought the same when I found out about it, but as I started reading it, I realized that I was wrong, that this book was something different, and I am so glad I did.

Now, shall we talk about the plot or. . .? Yeah, let’s go with the plot. I admit that I completely loved everything about it. Yes, everything includes the beginning, the development and how it made me suffer in the best way possible. I still remember that I couldn’t really put this book down thanks to how good it was! Tawny did an amazing job writing this original and amazing story that blew me away and has me here, wanting to read it again, and ah, the way she made her little connections across the characters and the plot twists was seriously very well done and easy to understand and I think that’s what I loved the most, to be honest.

I don’t know what else to say so let’s move on to the characters now, shall we? This is probably one of the few books where I didn’t hate any of the characters and have zero complaints about them! Is actually the other way around, I totally loved them and the way they developed! Even though Salem was kind of dumb at the beginning being all butterflies and rainbows over Thane and saving her virginity for him, I loved the way she developed after waking up in a dumpster and realizing and accepting what happened to her. I also loved how Trevor helped her control herself, understand what happened, what was happening and what had to happen. The way those two characters connected was very very good, I loved it. And last but not least (after jumping a bunch of other characters), we have the famous lead-singer of Malice called Thane, and I only have one thing to say about him: he’s an ass.

And finally, to end this review, all I have to say is that if you guys are searching for a nice and kind of funny (because yeah, I laughed at some parts) paranormal read, you should totally check this one out! I totally recommend it! Oh, and if you end up loving it as much as I did, make sure to check out the second book Electric (which I’ll be reading soon, since I recently found out about it).
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Static.

July 9, 2012 – Started Reading
July 9, 2012 – Shelved
July 14, 2012 –
page 276
93.24% "This book is sooo good! :)"
July 14, 2012 – Finished Reading