Tari's Reviews > Without a Brew

Without a Brew by Ellie Alexander

bookshelves: netgalley, wish-list

It was great to get back to Leavenworth and the Nitro pub for another visit with Sloan, Garrett, Kat and crew. They sure had a disagreeable guest this time while they were only doing a soft opening of their B&B part of the pub, but with the IceFest coming up, they were the only place in town that had any rooms at all. There were actually two mysteries, but they eventually connected. I would never have guessed part of the one or the why of the killer. I had a feeling about who the killer was and who I wanted it to be lol.

Sloan's own side mystery was really coming together with a visit from Sally who'd already dropped some disturbing news to her last time. This time she had some concrete notes talking about this subject, something that was very devastating to Sloan. I'm not sure what I would have done in her place, because the news was pretty wild. It didn't leave with a mini cliffhanger as it's been doing, although we're still left to wonder what the truth really is about her past and the people involved in it. It'll be an interesting ride, since the Sloan we all know and love isn't going to stop until she's got the answers she's looking for.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Without a Brew.

November 14, 2020 – Shelved