Kelly-Ann ~ Sassy Bookish Mama's Reviews > Goodbye Vanity

Goodbye Vanity by April Bradshaw

1923595

This little book packs a lot in it! I read it all in one day, mainly because I couldn't put it down. I had to find out the outcome. I must be honest and let you know that the beginning starts a little slow but trust me stick with it, it gets good and then you won't want to put it down!

We meet Hope right away and we can immediately see that she is looking for something more out of life. She feels a tug in her regarding God but pushes it aside as her sister Jewel wants nothing to do with religion and mocks it. You can tell right away that the twins are completely polar opposites and it makes this story quite interesting. When Hope is accused of a serious crime at work everything completely changes for the twins and their relationship with each other.

Ben is one of the characters that we see during the story and he becomes a solid foundation in Hope's life and her pursuit for God. Their love story is quite sweet.

This story is definitely filled with twists, a little mystery and a whole lot of emotions. (I needed the tissues...) This story is all about redemption and grace. My only complaint for this book is that it doesn't give you a complete conclusion and I am not sure if that was meant on purpose. I am really hoping that there will be another book as I think it is needed to better understand Jewel. I think she needs her own story.

Overall I think that this is a great read and perfect for anyone that loves clean fiction. Perfect for young adults and older teens.

(I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to post a positive review. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goodbye Vanity.

November 14, 2020 – Started Reading