Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Malibu Rising

Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid

What makes a book a great book? Is it writing? Is it the premise? Is it the characters? Or is it the author's voice? I don't know but I can tell you, I thought the Malibu Rising checked all the boxes above. It was superb!

I had so much fun with the multiple storylines which is weird because usually I’m against too many characters moving around all over the place. Nevertheless, in this case, it completely worked for me.

Let's meet the Rivas:

Mick Rivas, the father, an unfaithful man, a famous rock star. A sperm donor who has four children and a trail of ex-wives and broken hearts.

Nina, the oldest daughter. A supermodel. The one who made all the sacrifices for her siblings. The one that took over their care without thinking about herself. Her husband left her and she is not even sure how is she going to deal with the upcoming party.

Hud, the surfer photographer who's keeping a big secret from his brother, Jay.

Jay, the well-known surfer who has a secret of his own.

Kitt, the youngest daughter. The road to self-discovery has began, What better way to do it than during the famous Rivas party.

Is the 1980s and everyone wants to go to the party of the year! Everyone and anyone who is someone wants to attend the Rivas party. And what a PARTY it is. There is no invitation. The only condition to be a guest is to know the address. If you do, you can show up and have the time of your life. Or not....

Over the years, the Rivas party has become the one event the siblings enjoy together. Yet, this year things are going to be different.

I love all the Rivas kids. They had an unbreakable bond and surfing was their glue.

Of course, I had a soft spot for Nina.

I can't finish my review without mentioning the beautiful cover. I love it. It's perfect for these characters. I already preordered my copy.

Cliffhanger: No

5/5 Fangs

A complimentary copy was provided by Ballantine Books via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Malibu Rising.

November 13, 2020 – Started Reading
November 29, 2020 – Shelved as: favorite-female-character
November 29, 2020 – Shelved as: netgalley
November 29, 2020 – Shelved as: publisher
November 29, 2020 – Shelved as: unforgettable

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Happy Reading

message 2: by Corina (new) - added it

Corina woohoo - go for it!!!

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette Alphas Review wrote: "Happy Reading"
Thank you, Paulette. It was fun.

Sheyla ✎ Corina wrote: "woohoo - go for it!!!"

Thank you, Corina.

message 5: by Regina (new) - added it

Regina Wut???!!! You got an ARC of this? So jealous and can't wait to read your 5-STAR review.

❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review Sheyla ✎ wrote: "Corina wrote: "woohoo - go for it!!!"

Thank you, Corina."

💋 My Pleasure Sheyla ツ So glad you enjoy it

The Latest Book VERY JEALOUS! Have fun reading!!!

Sheyla ✎ Regina wrote: "Wut???!!! You got an ARC of this? So jealous and can't wait to read your 5-STAR review."

Yes, I was super lucky. So grateful after reading a couple of so-so books.

Sheyla ✎ The Latest Book wrote: "VERY JEALOUS! Have fun reading!!!"

message 10: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael David Fantastic review, Sheyla! I can't wait to read it, and now I'm even more excited after your praise! I ❤ TJR!

message 11: by Nilanjana (new)

Nilanjana Haldar Very beautiful review Seyla. I have to try it :)

message 12: by Javier (new) - added it

Javier Excellent review, Sheyla!

Sheyla ✎ Michael wrote: "Fantastic review, Sheyla! I can't wait to read it, and now I'm even more excited after your praise! I ❤ TJR!"

I hope you like it, Michael.

Sheyla ✎ Nilanjana wrote: "Very beautiful review Seyla. I have to try it :)"

Thank you!

Sheyla ✎ Javier wrote: "Excellent review, Sheyla!"

Thank you, Javi.

message 16: by marilyn (new)

marilyn Wonderful review, Sheyla...glad you enjoyed this one so much!

Dorie  - Cats&Books :) Great review Sheyla :)

Sheyla ✎ marilyn wrote: "Wonderful review, Sheyla...glad you enjoyed this one so much!"

Sheyla ✎ Dorie - Cats&Books :) wrote: "Great review Sheyla :)"

Thank you, Dorie.

Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill OMG! I need this book!!! Absolutely fantastic review!❤️❤️

message 21: by Laur (new)

Laur Spectacular review! 💖

message 22: by Catherine (new) - added it

Catherine Woodward Awesome review, Sheyla! I'm really looking forward to this (and I agree, the cover is SO gorgeous! 😊 )

Sheyla ✎ Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill wrote: "OMG! I need this book!!! Absolutely fantastic review!❤️❤️"

I loved this one, Kim.

Sheyla ✎ Laur wrote: "Spectacular review! 💖"
Thank you!

Sheyla ✎ Catherine wrote: "Awesome review, Sheyla! I'm really looking forward to this (and I agree, the cover is SO gorgeous! 😊 )"

message 26: by Brandice (new) - added it

Brandice Love to see your 5-stars for this one, Sheyla! Can’t wait to read this, my most anticipated 2021 book — Great review! :)

message 27: by Yun (new)

Yun Terrific review, Sheyla! So happy to see you loved it! I can't wait for this book's release! :)

message 28: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Wonderful review, Sheyla! Glad you had fun reading this book :)

Sheyla ✎ Brandice wrote: "Love to see your 5-stars for this one, Sheyla! Can’t wait to read this, my most anticipated 2021 book — Great review! :)"

Thank you, Brandice. It was great!

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Terrific review Sheyla glad you enjoyed this one :)

message 31: by Debra (new)

Debra awesome review, Sheyla! Glad the multiple storylines worked for you.

message 32: by Terrie (new)

Terrie Robinson Wow, great review, Sheyla‼️This will be a 2021 read for me for sure‼️

Sheyla ✎ Yun wrote: "Terrific review, Sheyla! So happy to see you loved it! I can't wait for this book's release! :)"

Thank you, Yun. I loved this one.

Sheyla ✎ Nicole wrote: "Wonderful review, Sheyla! Glad you had fun reading this book :)"

Thank you, Nicole.

Sheyla ✎ Lisa wrote: "Terrific review Sheyla glad you enjoyed this one :)"

Thank you, Lisa.

Sheyla ✎ Debra wrote: "awesome review, Sheyla! Glad the multiple storylines worked for you."

Usually, it would drive me insane but for some reason this time it worked.

Sheyla ✎ Terrie wrote: "Wow, great review, Sheyla‼️This will be a 2021 read for me for sure‼️"

I hope you love it as much as I did, Terrie.

preoccupiedbybooks Great review Sheyla! One definitely to read once it comes out!

message 39: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Fantastic review, Sheyla! I am going to have to check this one out!

Sheyla ✎ preoccupiedbybooks wrote: "Great review Sheyla! One definitely to read once it comes out!"

Thank you, Fran. Don't miss this one when it comes out.

Sheyla ✎ Meredith wrote: "Fantastic review, Sheyla! I am going to have to check this one out!"

Thank you, Meredith.

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Great review, Sheyla!

message 43: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan I want this book so badly

Sheyla ✎ Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews wrote: "Great review, Sheyla!"

Thank you, Brenda.

Sheyla ✎ Morgan wrote: "I want this book so badly"

I was so lucky, I hope you can read it soon.

message 46: by elena (new) - added it

elena omg i didn’t know about this!! *instantly adds to tbr* i’m so glad to see you loved it though!! 💕 great review sheyla!