Kelly-Ann ~ Sassy Bookish Mama's Reviews > The Love Note

The Love Note by Joanna Davidson Politano

1923595

Wow! What a wonderful book definitely one of those that I could not put down. There was so much going on in this book and I definitely don't want to give too much away. There are so many things going on in this book and it all starts with the Love Note that Willa finds in her desk and boy does that Love Note take us on a journey.

Willa is a strong-willed young lady. She knows what she wants and doesn't want to back down from the goals she has set for herself. She wants to become a doctor just like her father. She wants to marry, one day, but she doesn't want to succumb to what society wants her to be. She wants to prove herself especially to her dad, in hopes to find the love that she seeks from him. She is a hurt soul.

After finding the love note she is determined not only to return it to the original author but find out this love that transcribed through this letter. She returns to Crestwicke where she becomes Mrs. Gresham's nurse and that is where the "love note" truly becomes the focus of the story. You meet so many characters in the house that are affected by the note in different and unique ways. It truly represents something different to everyone the note encounters.

I thoroughly enjoyed Willa's love story and I don't want to give it away but I am so happy she ended up with who I was rooting for the whole time! I was a little worried for a few seconds but in the end it all worked out perfectly! Willa definitely goes through a journey and I really enjoyed how the author takes you in this journey and makes you feel all the emotions these characters are feeling. She is very descriptive and you can almost picture being there with them.

Overall this book was perfection to me and I highly recommend it. It has intrigue, mystery and romance. A well rounded historical fiction book.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to post a positive review. All views expressed are only my honest opinion

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Love Note.

November 11, 2020 – Started Reading