Jasmine Villanova's Reviews > Xor: The Shape of Darkness

F 50x66
Jul 08, 2012

Read from July 08 to 10, 2012

Beneath the Moon and Stars review

Middle grade is either a hit or miss for me. I either love it or hate it. I didn't think I was going to like this very much. It felt a little too young for me. I ended up really enjoying it even though it was a little young. I loved the concept. The characters were great. It was a very unique story.

Lewis annoyed me at first. He asked way too many questions. He grew on me. He had a good personality even though he asked too many questions throughout the entire book. I liked how he never gave up. He was thrown into this new world, with all these powers and he handled it very maturely. He really grew throughout the story. I'm proud of him. This has some pretty awesome secondary characters. They were all like a big family, all trying to accomplish the same goal. It kinda reminded me of Percy Jackson. I lived the wide variety of characters.

This has a very adventurous storyline. It's very unique. It was also very fast paced. There was always something differently crazy going on. I really loved how different this book really was. It didn't end open so I'm not sure about a sequel. I hope there is a sequel because I would enjoy reading it. Overall I think this was a very well done story. I enjoyed it a lot. I'm glad I got the chance to read it and I highly recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Xor.