Rebecca's Reviews > The Bellwether Revivals

The Bellwether Revivals by Benjamin Wood

Jul 07, 2012

bookshelves: first-read, mystery-suspense
Read from July 07 to 11, 2012

Wow I really liked this book. Thank you first reads giveaway for sending me this book. I like the wording of the entire thing and how the whole thing just flowed. I really enjoyed the characters as well, everyone felt pretty well fleshed out as were the relationships between the characters. You could really feel the awkwardness of Oscar when he first tries fitting in with the group and how Iris almost feels rebellious for dating him. The upper class of that area is definitely something most people won't ever feel and they always kind of have a halo of wealth around them that gets them whatever they want and wherever they want in life and to see the cracks in that veneer how can one resist. I love the old men in the book they kind of reminded me of my own papa whom I love and Eden is something else. The mania that he experiences and the moodiness he experiences and foists upon other people can be felt through the book and takes the reader on quite the whirlwind read. I loved the dark macabre feel of this book and how Oscar assimilates and how things just fall apart in a very dramatic fashion. I loved it and really enjoyed this author as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bellwether Revivals.