Gina's Reviews > Deadly Descent

Deadly Descent by Kaylea Cross

10220350

bookshelves: suspense, favorites, military-former-military-black-ops

OMG OMG I LOVED THIS BOOK! This was my first military romance and Kaylea Cross book, it will not be my last. This story was non-stop, a wonderful romance, it had me crying, scared and swooning! I loved the hero and heroine in this story, they were both tough,brave, caring, I immediately felt connect to these two. I actually liked all the characters in this story, I would welcome a book about any of them! The heat level is pretty low in this book, but the sexual tension and the chemistry between these two is off the charts. I wanted them to get together, yet I was afraid they would get caught Devin is an officer (she a pilot) and Cam is an enlisted man (Pararescue Jumper).

I love it when i can connect with two characters in a book, i get swept up in the story, I am happy when they are happy, and sad when they are sad. And if someone is trying to hurt them I want to kiss their butt! I don't have to tell you that is exactly what happened to me reading this.

Kaylea Cross is a very talented writer and she now has one more fan!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Descent.

July 7, 2012 – Shelved
July 25, 2012 – Shelved as: suspense
March 28, 2013 – Started Reading
March 29, 2013 –
45.0% "loving this book!"
March 29, 2013 –
100.0% "loved this! review to follow.."
March 29, 2013 – Shelved as: favorites
March 29, 2013 – Finished Reading
April 7, 2013 – Shelved as: military-former-military-black-ops

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

message 1: by Mo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mo Enjoy it, Gina.

Gina Thanks Mo, I have read so many good reviews about it...it's been sitting on my kindle for too long...

message 3: by Bev (new)

Bev Lovely review sweet pea, hope you're having a good weekend break. x

Gina Hey Bev honey!! Thanks so much. I am enjoying my extra day off reading and walking with Bella!

message 5: by Ingie (new)

Ingie Like your lovely review Gina.

message 6: by Susanne (new)

Susanne Wonderful review, Gina! I have an ARC of the next book in this series! Super excited!

message 7: by Mo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mo First Military romance? Oh, you will be so hooked. I highly recommend Suzanne Brockmann also. I went through a phase where that is all I read. Those Navy Seals she writes about are something else.
Tall, Dark and Dangerous Part 1 - I think this was 3 stories in one and I could not get enough of them.....

Kathleen Fantastic review Gina, I can tell how much you enjoyed this book. Your going to LOVE tactical Strike too when you get around to trying it.

Gina Ingela wrote: "Like your lovely review Gina."

Thanks Ingela! :D

message 10: by Gina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gina Susanne wrote: "Wonderful review, Gina! I have an ARC of the next book in this series! Super excited!"

Hey Susanne, Thanks! I am going to be reading Tactical Strike very soon! I loved this one so much!

message 11: by Gina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gina Mo wrote: "First Military romance? Oh, you will be so hooked. I highly recommend Suzanne Brockmann also. I went through a phase where that is all I read. Those Navy Seals she writes about are something else.
..."

Hey Mo! Thanks so much for the recommendation, I will most definitely be checking them out! So excited! I love military men!  photo battle107_zps2a986d99.gif

message 12: by Ingie (new)

Ingie Lovely mini combat soldier - LOL!

message 13: by Gina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gina Ingela wrote: "Lovely mini combat soldier - LOL!"

isn't he! lol..Here is a smiley military man..  photo biggun_zps6a8383e1.gif

message 14: by Ingie (new)

Ingie Oh Gina, I can't decide which I like best, "the cheerful mini warrior" or "the guy in the leopard bathing suit (with the cute bow)." Tough choice! Ha ha!

message 15: by Gina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gina Ingela wrote: "Oh Gina, I can't decide which I like best, "the cheerful mini warrior" or "the guy in the leopard bathing suit (with the cute bow)." Tough choice! Ha ha!"

Inglea dear, i don't think it's even close! it's the guy in the leopard print bathing suit!

message 16: by Ingie (last edited Mar 30, 2013 05:07AM) (new)

Ingie Okay (Mam) if you say so. I think he's a bit of a younger George Michael look-a-like, or is it just sunglasses and day-stubble.

Look: https://www.google.se/search?q=george...

message 17: by Karla (new) - added it

Karla Great review Gina!

message 18: by Gina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gina Karla wrote: "Great review Gina!"

Thanks Karla Honey!

message 19: by Gina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gina Ingela wrote: "Okay (Mam) if you say so. I think he's a bit of a younger George Michael look-a-like, or is it just sunglasses and day-stubble.

Look: https://www.google.se/search?q=george......"

you are correct Ingela, I can see what you are talking about.