Have Coffee Need Books's Reviews > Submission

Submission by Elle Lincoln

ARGH! And not in a pirate way. I'm so frustrated. What I thought would happen when I read the cliffhanger of Surrender occurred, and I'm not happy about it. I hate delayed gratification. I'm basically a human-cat --we human-cats don't do that.

Submission introduces mate número cinco. Kade isn't a full dozen doughnuts, and since Bean can't help but devour all the doughnuts she sees, she's a-okay with the whacked-out lycan. But with Kade comes a lesson in how the lycan world really works. That might be more than she is ready for, considering Bean becomes a vampire juice box on the first go. Kade might be crazy, but Sabina must be losing her mind. The Stockholm Syndrome she suffers has her wanting more of the danger that comes with the secrets of her new life.

My complaint is that one more mate means that there was a stagnancy in the relationships that were developing. And there was stagnancy with a character I want more of, dammit! Athos and Nix took a backseat to the Kade-centric storyline. And I really wanted to see Sabina grow more of a bond with them as a whole, and this book didn't work for me in this way.

I enjoy the POV of the mates, though. It is good seeing beyond Sabina's world, and I liked that there is a bigger picture beyond Bean and her guys' relationship. I have my suspicions about grandma, though--goddess save us all if I'm right.

I love this series. Kade, not so much. I like Sabina as the chaos agent, and I don't think we need another one. This still overall works for me. I want to buy the series in paperback to hug it and kiss it and praise it like it's my best friend.

I give it 8 of 5 stars for the fact Dakota is a girl-time-translator.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary advance copy of this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Submission.

November 1, 2020 – Started Reading
November 3, 2020 – Finished Reading
November 7, 2020 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Annie “Kade isn’t a full dozen doughnuts” 🤣 great review!