Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Love in Lockdown

Love in Lockdown by Chloe James

liked it
bookshelves: 2020, arc, netgalley, romance, cute

3.5

Charming and sweet is the best way to describe this book.

Nothing better than a nice story to lift your spirits and I believe Chloe James achieved this with Love in Lockdown.

Sophia Trent and Jack Stanton are living in the same building without ever meeting in person. Jack has some health issues and he’s unable to leave his apartment during the pandemic lockdown. Sophia, on the other hand, is able to continue with her job as a teacher. She studied law but after developing epilepsy she gave up her career and now works with kids. Due to her illness, her boyfriend of five years didn’t want to stay with her.

One day after that NHS clapping, she becomes emotional and starts crying. Jack who lives above Sophia can hear her and they strike a conversation. Soon this becomes the norm. Sophia sends treats his way, while he sends special cocktails using a box and rope to her apartment balcony. Together, this duo and with the help of WhatsApp start helping their courtyard community.

Love in Lockdown brings some solid points about the pandemic including mental health issues that can arise from isolation, the need to help the elderly and other vulnerable populations, the importance of telemedicine and exhaustion of the healthcare workers, the need for teachers to help kids during these dire times.

My one complaint about the book would be the ending, I felt it needed more. Something was missing in the romance department.

3.5/5 fangs

Cliffhanger: No

A complimentary copy was provided by Avon UK via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love in Lockdown.

November 6, 2020 – Shelved
November 13, 2020 – Shelved as: arc
November 13, 2020 – Shelved as: netgalley
November 13, 2020 – Shelved as: romance
November 13, 2020 – Shelved as: cute

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

Javier Glad you liked it too! Great review!

Michael David Great review, Sheyla! Glad you enjoyed it too.

Sheyla ✎ Javier wrote: "Glad you liked it too! Great review!"

Thank you, Javier. It was a good-buddy read.

Sheyla ✎ Michael wrote: "Great review, Sheyla! Glad you enjoyed it too."

Thank you, Michael.

message 5: by Debra (new)

Debra Wonderful review, Sheyla! I'm seeing lots of positive reviews on this one. Sorry there was nothing missing in the ending.

Sheyla ✎ Debra wrote: "Wonderful review, Sheyla! I'm seeing lots of positive reviews on this one. Sorry there was nothing missing in the ending."
Thank you, Debra. It was a charming story.

message 7: by Regina (new)

Regina I’ve been hearing a lot about this book lately. Great review! I’m glad you liked it.

Dorie  - Cats&Books :) Nice review, little to sweet for me, ha ha :)

Sheyla ✎ Regina wrote: "I’ve been hearing a lot about this book lately. Great review! I’m glad you liked it."

Yes, it was nice. I just thought the end needed something bigger.

Sheyla ✎ Dorie - Cats&Books :) wrote: "Nice review, little to sweet for me, ha ha :)"

Thank you, Dorie.

message 11: by Christina (new)

Christina I could use a little charming and sweet right now! Very good review, Sheyla.

Jayme Great review, Sheyla!

message 13: by Susan Z (new)

Susan Z Great review, I'm looking forward to this light fun read!

Sheyla ✎ Christina wrote: "I could use a little charming and sweet right now! Very good review, Sheyla."
Thank you, Christina.

Sheyla ✎ Jayme wrote: "Great review, Sheyla!"

Thank you, Jamie!

Sheyla ✎ Susan Z wrote: "Great review, I'm looking forward to this light fun read!"

I hope you enjoy it, Susan.

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa ~ Bantering Books Nice review, Sheyla! :)

Sheyla ✎ Melissa wrote: "Nice review, Sheyla! :)"

message 19: by Sumit (new)

Sumit RK Superb Review!

Sheyla ✎ Sumit wrote: "Superb Review!"
Thank you, Sumit.