Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads's Reviews > The Mighty Storm

The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle

Jul 07, 2012

5 SMOKING HOT JAKETASTIC STARS

STOP WHAT YOU'RE READING AND READ THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!

This book was so much more than a 5 Star Book! In-fact I don't think there's a rating high enough for it. YES!!! It was that freaking good!!!! Lets start somewhere absolutely delicious! I'm talking about Rock God extraordinaire, Jake freaking Wethers!!!! He's the quintessential bad boy, tattoo's, lean body, cocky, sexy, the whole damn package! He's the type of bad boy that immediately gives you flutters in your tummy and I'm not talking little pitter patters, I'm talking FULL BLOWN FLUTTERS!!! Your girly parts will never be the same.

"Well, when we're talking sex and you, baby, my clothes just disintegrate," he shrugs, grinning. ~~ Jake

Yes my friends that is a "Jake" quote! I know totally bad boy hot right?!

Jake and Trudy grew up together in the Uk and were best friends. They were separated because Jakes family landed up moving to the US when he was 14. And of course they run into each other again when Trudy Bennett (aka Tru) who is a music journalist, comes and interview's Jake for a column at the magazine she is working at. The chemistry between these two is palpable and intense!! And after they run into each other the story just takes off! This book had everything in it, one minute you are happy and dancing around and the next you are anxious and tense and then thirty seconds after that you are in tears and are crying like a baby! It was a rainbow of emotions and was so good to read. Samantha's book are always such a journey and roller coaster ride and this one was no different. Jake wins you over immediately and worms his way into your heart and you fall in love with Tru even with all the stupid decisions she makes!!

If you're looking for something sexy, angsty and just plain EPIC. Then you've found the perfect book and need to pick this up now! It's got everything in a love story you need and I'm positive it will become a favorite of yours. Samantha Towle has never disappointed me. I'm eagerly awaiting book two in this series. :)

Jake and Tru
[image error]

"You Belong to me" ~ Jake
description

Favorite Quotes :

“I’ve only ever loved one girl, Tru – and that’s you. It’s always been you. I loved you from the moment I knew how to love.” ~~ Jake

“I’ll never be good enough for you, I know that. But I’m no good without you, and if that makes me a selfish bastard for wanting you as badly as I do then so be it because I can’t live a life that doesn’t have you in it.” ~~ Jake

"You're it for me. I want to be with you forever. I want you to be mine" ~~ Jake

P.S ~ Samantha Towle is a genius and I am a major fan. I have NEVER been disappointed in a single book she has written and this one just blew me away!!! :)

**Some of the pictures are from The TMS Pinterest page***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mighty Storm.

July 7, 2012 – Shelved
August 25, 2012 – Started Reading
August 25, 2012 –
0.0% "Sqeeeeeee!!!!! I love Samantha Towle! Can't wait to devour this book today! It's just me and Jake...yum!"
August 25, 2012 –
21.0% "Damn Jake is delicious!!!! Poor Will..lol... He doesn't stand a chance!"
August 25, 2012 –
41.0% "Holy Moly!!! I'm sweaty, my heart is beating a mile a minute, I have tears in my eyes! Jake is amazing! Sigh... :)"
August 25, 2012 –
46.0% "Holy shit balls!!!! It's about to get REAL for Tru :/ Jake plays dirty when he's mad!!!!"
August 25, 2012 –
55.0% "Shattered ::::( Damn Zzhuilette!!!"
August 25, 2012 –
79.0% "Nooooooo ::::( I'm crying so hard my body hurts! Wow...God Jake! I'm flipping speechless! It's just heart breaking!"
August 26, 2012 – Finished Reading
September 30, 2012 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)

Melissa <3 this, im excited to dive in!

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads Melissa wrote: "<3 this, im excited to dive in!"

I can't wait for you to read it! The we can have Jake pow wows!!!!!!

Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events where did u buy it? its not on b&n

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads Amy wrote: "where did u buy it? its not on b&n"

It's not available on B&N yet but if you have a Nook you can buy it on Smashwords and transfer it to your Nook :) Here is the link ~ https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

Splage Wow! Angie, I am sold and I have to read this and soon. Awesome review!

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads Splage wrote: "Wow! Angie, I am sold and I have to read this and soon. Awesome review!"

Thank you so much Splage! You just made my night!!! You will not be disappointed, I absolutely loved this book!!!

Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events Angie wrote: "Amy wrote: "where did u buy it? its not on b&n"

Thank you. I couldn't find it, you are awesome!

Lucy I LOVED this book..i almost want to read it again already but I dont think I handle the tears again LOL!..great review!

message 9: by Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads (last edited Aug 29, 2012 07:49AM) (new) - added it

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads Lucy wrote: "I LOVED this book..i almost want to read it again already but I dont think I handle the tears again LOL!..great review!"

Hahaha! Yeah I cried a lot too!!! It was a seriously amazing book! I'm glad you loved it Lucy!! I can't wait for the 2nd book!!!

message 10: by Lucy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lucy Angie wrote: "Lucy wrote: "I LOVED this book..i almost want to read it again already but I dont think I handle the tears again LOL!..great review!"

Hahaha! Yeah I cried a lot too!!! It was a seriously amazing b..."

I know me either...i wonder what drama can break my heart in the new book!...wish it was out already!

message 11: by Kelly (last edited Aug 30, 2012 02:38AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kelly Wow, great review, Angie! Can't wait to get started on this one! Sounds fantastic!

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads Thanks Kelly! It's a fantastic book, I loved it so much! Can't wait for you to read it!

Drita Jake the snake, love his British bum! Dec, can't come fast enough!!!

Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer* Awesome review!!! I loved this book as well!! Can't wait for the next!

Alison Phillips Can't tell you how much I loved this book :)

Lisa Jayne Loved this book & after reading your review I want to read it all over again x

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads Lisa Jayne wrote: "Loved this book & after reading your review I want to read it all over again x"

God he is so hot Lisa! I can't get enough of that man! I can't wait for book 2! It's going to be so good.

Christy Jaketastic stars? I love that!!!

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads Christy wrote: "Jaketastic stars? I love that!!!"

Hahaha...he is fantastic ;)

message 20: by Sammy (new)

Sammy Loves Books Great Review Angie! I love your endorsement!

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads Sammy wrote: "Great Review Angie! I love your endorsement!"

Thank you Sammy :D I love Sam and her books! <3

Eunice One of my favorite books.. LOVE!!

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads Eunice wrote: "One of my favorite books.. LOVE!!"

Definitely!!! I love Jake. <3

message 24: by Nena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nena Great review! I am totally reading this book...

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads Isabella wrote: "Great review! I am totally reading this book..."

Yay Isabella!! I hope you love it. Keep me posted :) <3

message 26: by Jenn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenn Come on Dec 21st! we need the second book already.

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads Jenn wrote: "Come on Dec 21st! we need the second book already."

I know Jenn!! Ahhhhh...lol <3

Melissa I know there is a cliffhanger, but is it a good stopping point or does it leave you mid scene?