Tammi's Reviews > Glamorous Illusions

Glamorous Illusions by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Jul 07, 2012

What would it be like to be raised on a Montana farm, a farm that barely eek’s out a living, struggling to pay the essential bills and put food you didn’t raise on the table. Cora Diehl and her parents know all too well what it is like. With a drought, and her fathers ill health, Cora is wondering how she will continue her schooling at Normal School (teacher’s college).
Now imagine that a man, Wallace Kensington, a Montana Copper King, comes to your door. He tells you that he is your biological father, and tells you that you have siblings. He also offers to pay for your father’s medical expenses, take care of the farm’s debts, pay for your schooling, and send you on an European tour. What would you do? This was Cora’s dilemma.
Cora decides, with the encouragement of her mother, to go with Mr. Kensington, which opens up a new world for her. Suddenly money isn’t an issue, but, not being raised in it, it is like entering a whole new world. A world of butlers, personal maids, formal dining and fancy clothes.
I enjoyed the story, meeting Cora, Mr. Kensington and his children, the Morgans and Will. The journey across the Atlantic on the Olympic, the Titanic’s sister ship, was almost uneventful. England and France, the places I only get to visit in books, was romantic, heartbreaking, exciting, as well as, suspenseful.
I am looking forward to the next books in the series,and I hope that these same characters will be featured as the story continues.
I give Glamorous Illusions (book one in the Grand Tour Series) by Lisa Tawn Bergren 5 out of 5 stars.

**Glamorous Illusions (book one in the Grand Tour Series) by Lisa Tawn Bergren was provided for me free by Litfuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glamorous Illusions.