Anita Clay's Reviews > Seduced by Blood

Seduced by Blood by Laurie London

Jul 06, 2012

Read in July, 2012

Seduced by Blood is the fourth book in The Sweetblood Series. It follows the stories of Roxy Reynolds who is a teacher for the Tracker Academy in Florida. A close friend of hers and former student, Lilly DeGraff, calls for a favor and she travels to Seattle, Washington to teach for her while she goes on a pre-wedding trip with her fiancé and daughter. Once she arrives at the Guardian Regional Office, a serious attack on Guardian Enforcers brings to light the possibility that there is a traitor in their ranks. Roxy is talked into pretending to be the lover of the extremely handsome, but overbearing Regional Commander, Tristan Santiago. She instantly finds him attractive and can’t seem to keep her distance from him not matter how hard she tries.

Tristan Santiago’s reaction to Roxy leaves him breathless. He is hard core, autocratic style of leader who expects those around him to follow and obey his every word. Roxy is just not that kind of lady and stands up to be at every turn. He both loves it and hates it. He is instantly drawn to her finding her attractive and heroic.

They work together to solve the mystery of who the traitor is. Their pretend relationship soon turns hot and the sexual tension remains high throughout this book. They both have demons to exorcize from their pasts so that they can heal and move forward.
I absolutely loved this book. The romance is so tender between Roxy and Santiago. The love pours out into you as you read this book. There is plenty of action between the Guardians and the Darkbloods. There is loving and humorous banter between the two of them so is so funny I laughed out loud. I love the fact that their weapons have names. Santiago’s blade is called Misery. I couldn’t stop until I had finished it. I just had to know what was going to happen to them. I highly recommend this book and the three others in the series.
Laurie London is an extremely talented writer. She is very expressive and it makes reading her books like watching a movie. The story flows so well. I hadn’t even realized it was 1:30 in the morning when I finished it. Do yourself a favor and pick this book up. You’ll be enormously pleased that you did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduced by Blood.