Emily Nicholas | Emily The Book Nerd's Reviews > Good With His Hands

Good With His Hands by Lauren Blakely

REVIEW ON MY BLOG

Lauren Blakely is one of my favorite authors and I will read anything that she releases. I had never read anything by Lili Valente before but I was very pleased with this author duo and Good With His Hands. The book follows a girl named Ruby and her best friend's brother Jesse. The two of them have had a thing for each other for as long as they can remember and finally take the leap and take a chance romantically. It is one great friends to lovers story that is written extremely well despite there being two authors.

Unfortunately, after finally making moves on each other Jesse admits that he is going to be moving across the country. Can their relationship last despite a move? Regardless of the book being kind of slow-moving and predictable, there were countless things that I loved about this book.

1. Jesse is not a player and from the start warns Ruby about his move before becoming intimate.
2. The sex is hot.
3. Before the two characters cave and become intimate the angst and build-up/anticipation to their first kiss is everything and oh so entertaining.... exactly how I like my romance novels. It is nothing but steamy!
4. Both Ruby and Jesse are very supportive of each other and their goals and dreams.
5. Both Ruby and Jesse are artistic and have a very cute scene painting.
6. I loved reading about both of Jesse's and Ruby's family members.
7. The character's first date is so cute.
8. Jesse encourages Ruby to step outside of her comfort zone and encourages her to be the best version of herself. He sees the potential that she has.
9. Grief is shown beautifully and the two characters lean on each other in the best way to get over Jesse's sister dying. This is when grief and tragedy can bring people together and is depicted extremely well.
10. I loved the bucket list that Claire ended up leaving for Ruby. How Ruby was determined to do everything on the list that her best friend Claire intended for her to do.
11. There is amazing flirting that will make you smile.
12. Ruby has great strength and does not let a car accident get the best of her despite her injuries.
13. Even though this was written by two authors you have absolutely no idea who wrote what because both authors are such amazing writers and worked extremely well together.

This is one friends to lovers romance that you do not want to miss. It has substance to it and will hit your heartstrings in all the right places. There were some teary-eyed moments in there too! Good With His Hands was relatable and beautiful!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Good With His Hands.

November 4, 2020 – Shelved