Emily Nicholas | Emily The Book Nerd's Reviews > How to Get Lucky

How to Get Lucky by Lauren Blakely

bookshelves: 2021-romance-releases-i-want-to-rea

REVIEW ON MY BLOG

I will read anything written by Lauren Blakely because she never disappoints. Getting into How to Get Lucky was a slow start for me but once I got into the book farther it really started to pique my interest. It just took me a while to start liking the characters.

The book follows a guy named Teddy that falls for his boss's little sister London. There was a lot of build-up surrounding London's brother finding out about their relationship that it honestly became frustrating for me. I wish they could have been honest with London's brother from the start. However, there were still lots of things that I did enjoy about this novel.

1. Both main characters have dogs and are crazy for them. It makes their relationship that much cuter. Their dates to the dog park are nothing but adorable! I love books with pets. Plus, the dogs have the cutest names ever David Bowie and Mr. Darcy.
2. There are tons of music references.
3. I love the banter between London and her best friends via text messages.
4. The book was mainly in Teddy's POV and I love reading from a male's perspective.
5. The witty banter and jokes made me laugh out loud.
6. Both authors wrote seamlessly together and you could not tell who wrote what.
7. I loved the sex scenes. Especially their first romantic encounter on the couch HAHAHA.

Initially, I wasn't that into the two main characters of How to Get Lucky but by the end of the book, I really did like them. The book would have been a whole lot better if more of the secondary characters were in the story. Those were some of my favorite scenes to read and enjoyed all of them. If you like forbidden romances then I would give this novel a try. You can never go wrong with a Lauren Blakely novel!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Get Lucky.

November 4, 2020 – Shelved