Kaci's Reviews > Something like Normal

Something like Normal by Trish Doller

Jul 06, 2012

bookshelves: favorites

To begin with, the fact that I even wanted to read this book was kind of surprising because I am not usually a fan of books from the male prospective. That being said, this book changed my mind. I feel in love with Travis from the very beginning. He was honest, raw, and genuine. I laughed with him, cried with him, and sometimes I wanted to hit him but I still loved him. It broke my heart having to deal with his friend Charlie's death with him. It made me angry to see how Travis' family acted. It made me happy to see him develop new, healthy relationships. I especially love his relationship with Harper. She was such a great character and one of my favorite from the time he tries to pick her up. I would definitely recommend this book. It's short and easy to read while still being a meaningful story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something like Normal.

Quotes Kaci Liked

Trish Doller
“He was the person all of us should be, but most of us aren't. And if I could have taken his place to buy him a little more time in the world, I'd have done it. I'm sorry I couldn't.”
Trish Doller, Something like Normal

Trish Doller
“Maybe it’s time to find a new normal.”
Trish Doller, Something like Normal