Christine's Reviews > Meditations on the Tarot: A Journey into Christian Hermeticism

Meditations on the Tarot by Anonymous

bookshelves: currently-reading, non-fiction, esoterica, devotional, alchemy
Recommended to Christine by: Robert Godwin
Recommended for: Christians seeking depth, Philosophers, Alchemists, Students

This is not about Fortune Telling or Divination, but is rather a free-fall plunge into the profound depths of Christian Philosophy. It is dense with meaning, every phrase and paragraph a tiny explosion of greater understanding. This is the sort of book you read and read, and then your brain is full and needs some time to digest what it's read. Some time meaning anything from days to years.

No, I'm not done reading it yet. I suspect that once I am, my copy will be so battered that I will need to buy another copy just to have one that isn't falling apart.

It cannot be read cover to cover, not if one is reading to understand. Take time over it. Pour yourself a glass of wine, coffee, water, chocolate milk, or beer, and allow yourself to linger, to mull and ponder. Do not rush this. Do not read it with any sort of deadline involved.

If you have been seeking the depths that Sunday School, Sunday Sermons, and Best Selling Inspirational Authors just haven't been able to deliver, this is an excellent, foundational start.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meditations on the Tarot.

July 6, 2012 – Started Reading
July 9, 2012 – Shelved as: alchemy
July 14, 2017 –
September 24, 2017 –
page 53
7.7% "restarted from the beginning ^_^"
September 25, 2017 –