Have Coffee Need Books's Reviews > The Bond

The Bond by Robin Kirk

I love these Dystopian/Sci-fi stories where I'm in a world where women control EVERYTHING. This sounds like it would be all good or super bad.

The Bond by Robin Kirk isn't questionable at all; it's all good.

Dinitra 584 KxA is a student struggling to pass her courses at the Collegium. It's graduation day, and she has a dismal compendium with one weak merit. Truth be told, she spends most of the time she should be working on her studies drawing or painting. As she has to make and mix her paints--that takes up a lot of time. That's how she finds herself in the wrong place at the wrong time, with two Legion's Commanders questioning her for her artwork.

Oh, this book is sheer brilliance and so twisty-turny. I had no idea where we were going. Robin Kirk lead me around by the proverbial ear, and I read like an addict because the story is pure joy. Well, not joy like it makes you happy because much of it makes your heart a little sore but joy in that it's a damn good book.

I loved to watch Dinitra evolve from this girl from the Weave and all the things she's programmed to believe there, to got to the bounty and all the new BS they wanted to teach her there, while Dinitra had this gift to shut up and see. And she saw all the new propaganda she heard meant to replace the old propaganda. But she found herself. It gave me feels.

I totally loved this book. I loved Dinitra's bond with 12 and her bond with Fir. And I loved the bond she had with Kesh, even if it was a weird one. I am excited for the Hive Queen!

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary advance copy of this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bond.

October 27, 2020 – Started Reading