Mariel's Reviews > Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Perplexed Politician

Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Perplexed Politician by Margaret  Walsh

Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Perplexed Politician by Margaret Walsh

I received a copy from the author and I am voluntarily leaving a review.

Another case for the detecting duo, Holmes and Watson, when Algernon Leadbetter contacts them concerning the sudden death of his sister Verity's intended, Peter Harrington. He is convinced that it was murder and who better to set on the case but Sherlock himself!

Arriving in Barrow-Upon-Kennet with its impressive manor belonging to Lord Denby, his reportedly overpowering wife, Lady Augusta and their unusual guests the pair soon realise there is more to this case than originally presumed. As with all of their investigations, events lead from bad to worse but this time has even the worlds most renowned detective been beaten?

Being a huge fan of Holmes and Watson, I was looking forward to reading this book, being the second one that I have read by the author, Margaret Walsh and again it was a riveting read. Full of excitement, mystery and intrigue, I tried to solve the case along with story, following its twists and turns. The history and detail included in the book is also very interesting complete wth the authors note at the end which describes the intensive research on writing this book.
On finishing I am only disappointed it couldn't continue and I'm eager for more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Perplexed Politician.

October 31, 2020 – Shelved