Amy :o)'s Reviews > 101

101 by Margaret Chatwin

Jul 05, 2012

bookshelves: dystopian, e-books, read-to-review-r2r, ya-books

Wow, what a ride! From the first page, you are off and running on a pretty wild adventure. Okay, maybe not adventure per say, but a wild story! This is one of those books that really sucks you right in. You want to keep reading until the end. I love a book like this. I basically could not stop reading it and when I had to stop reading I could not stop thinking about it...just waiting until I could get back to reading. Definitely a mark of a good book for me.

This is a dystopian type story about Trigg and Ren. They are brother and sister who were raised by their abusive father. Things take a turn for the worse and Trigg and Ren are sentenced to a type of jail/encampment. Trigg and Ren are separated and there begins a very intense story about the way of life in the camp and poor Trigg’s search for his sister.

We meet many characters some who you root for and others you hope don’t get the upper hand. I really liked how Margaret Chatwin portrayed her characters. I could really see these types of people in an encampment like she created. I also liked the story itself. It kept me on my toes and on the edge of my seat at times. I liked the flow of the story as well. Although there was a lot of action, Chatwin also let the characters sort of find themselves as well and as a reader we could see that introspection and growth. Another mark of a good book.

Overall, I’d give this book a 4 to 4 ½ stars. It is a great read and one that I think a lot of people would like.

*I got this book as a read2review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 101.