Alexandra Harris's Reviews > Talented

Talented by Sophie  Davis

**This book was given to me for an honest review**

Oh, wow! I'm still reeling from this phenomenal and stunning story! Seriously people I am in complete fan girl mode! Where the heck has this masterpiece been hiding?!?!

Omg,OMG OOOMMMMGGG!!!

Okay, I think I'm good now, no more fan girling! So, this is a fearsome, awe-inspiring, breath taking book. It literally has everything in it you could possibly crave. Sophie Davis paints a beautiful and tragic world, with such descriptive and poetic writing you can't help but feel the pull of the story. The characters are well rounded with normal deficiencies and amazing attributes. Truly stunning story!

It starts off by explaining the world and how it has been turned upside-down, flipped and twisted by nuclear weapons hidden in the earth. The spread effects the whole world, the ocean, animals and eventually the people making children come to the world with deformities and amazing abilities. As time goes on these wane and drift but the "talented" remain, and are chosen to fight for the government.
The main character Talia, is one of the effected humans and has gifts of her own. She is an amazing talented lead character who faces so many trail and tribulations in her short life, that you wonder how she has survived. The answer is revenge. She joins the "Hunters" to avenge her past and grow her future.

Talia is not alone in this tremendous world Sophie painted for you, she has her friends and handsome side kicks. My favorite among them is our dashing and witty heart breaker Erik, who was a huge part of why I fell so fast for 'Talented'.
Talia's journey with her friends Erik, Henri, Donovan and little Penelope is provocative, thrilling, funny, heart wrenching and riveting.

This book will have you in craze, waiting to find out what happens next with the plot twist and constant adventures. I loved it and truly can't wait to dig into the series, I absolutely recommend it to everyone and anyone. But especially those of you looking for a fun read with romance, adventure, mystery and a beautiful dystopian world ready for you to join! Enjoy!

Enjoy this book! I know I did!

You can also find my reviews at Heaven to Earth Reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Talented.

July 5, 2012 – Started Reading
July 5, 2012 – Shelved
page 2
0.52% "Damn! Way to start a book off, action and cute boys :)"
page 10
2.59% "Already a Laugh out Loud moment, I'm impressed. There is already a fun energy to this story! I have high hopes people!"
page 25
6.48% "I really like the dialog and dynamics of the story so far! But I'm still confused, what are Tals gifts... is she special?"
page 28
7.25% "What a cool, but scary world being painted by Sophie Davis."
page 57
14.77% "Oh no I smell a love triangle coming! \n \n Damn love triangles!"
page 75
19.43% "Hello Erik, you shall be my newest book crush *swoon* \n New book crush!"
page 119
30.83% "Okay, I am straight up loving this book! This is awesome! \n New book crush!"
page 285
73.83% "The agonizing seconds of anticipation before you dive head-first off of a cliff are only outdone by the actual free fall itself."
May 17, 2014 – Shelved as: awesome-covers
May 17, 2014 – Shelved as: smexy-reads
May 17, 2014 – Shelved as: smoking-hot-studs
May 17, 2014 – Shelved as: young-adult
May 17, 2014 – Finished Reading

Booknut LOVE this series!! (Erik all the way :D)

Alexandra Harris Hello new book crush! Erik is adorable!

message 3: by Lola (new)

Lola Totally convincing review! Book=added! :D

Alexandra Harris Awe thank you Lola!