Dali's Reviews > Feels like Rain

Feels like Rain by Tammy Falkner

2209138

bookshelves: 5-star, arc-read, contemporary-romance, published-2020, series, standalone, tortured-hero

Tammy Falkner's books are always so honest and heartwarming. They're easy to love because they’re easy relate with, full of incredible fun banter, wonderful characters and a lovely, touching plot. Feels Like Rain is brimming with all the best parts of romance.
“You two are so sweet you’re making my back teeth ache.”

World building: 🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Character development: 👤👤👤👤👤
Plot: 🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧
Romance/Sweetness: 💗💗💗💗💗
Sexiness: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Overnight, Abigail Marshall’s life has become a mess. Her husband cheated on her, and she lost her job and her home because of it. Wanting some time and space to think, she goes to the place that holds most of her fondest memories. Including those of the boy who made her laugh.

Ethan Roberts made a mistake and paid dearly for it. And now, even though most of the people from his home town would like to see him leave, he’s back to take care of his son. He never expected to run into his childhood best friend while working at Lake Fisher.

He knows he’s broken. He knows he has nothing to offer Abigail and should stay away from her. Yet she sees past his self-loathing and into his heart making him feel he hadn’t felt in a very long time: hope. But will his past come back to haunt him?

Tammy Falkner knows how to write wonderful stories. There are so many great elements to comment about FEELS LIKE RAIN. There are all the wonderful supporting characters the provide comic relief and always present and much appreciated family values that inspire. Mr. Jacobson (Lake Fisher’s patriarch, Ethan’s mother and Abigail’s grandmother) all provide support and valuable advice. There’s even Wilbur the duck who at times steals the show.
“Nobody knows how to be a parent, you d!psh!t… We protect them from what can hurt them, and push them toward what can help them, and we love them even when they hate our guts. That’s parenting for you.”

Then we have the charming and appealing main characters. Ethan, a good man, but lost soul. All he wants is a chance and Abigail is the perfect person to not only leave the door open for one, but also shine a bright light in his path. The two are amazing together, from the respect and appreciation they have for one another to their incredible chemistry to their constant smile inducing banter. You can’t help but cheer them on.
“But I brought cake!” I let my eyes drag down his chest again. “And you brought the abs.” I waggle my brows at him.

I really enjoyed how Abigail and Ethan reconnected after so many years. We get flashbacks from the summers they shared as young teenagers. Even though this is not a traditional second chance where the main characters fallen in love as new adults or older and then get separated, it is a second chance at love and happiness for both.

FEELS LIKE RAIN ran me through a gamut of the best feels. It made me laugh, smile, swoon and blush and even had me at the edge of my seat for a bit. I had a great pace and left me beaming.

Feels Like Rain is a standalone, contemporary romance. Told from both points of view with a fabulously happy tears ending.

* I was given an ARC of this book courtesy of the author. The excerpts are from that copy. I am voluntarily reviewing this title. *

Amazon -> https://amzn.to/37Pfrpf

Stalk me on FaceBook * Instagram * More reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Feels like Rain.

October 28, 2020 – Started Reading