Riya Sheth's Reviews > Dark Fire

Dark Fire by Chris d'Lacey

F 50x66
Jul 05, 2012

Read from July 05 to 06, 2012

I really liked reading this book. I enjoyed reading this book because I really like reading fantasy, and this book is filled with just that. For example, all throughout the book there are clay dragons that come to life, and have a special ability. Also, because no matter how unrealistic the events in the book seem, the author has a way to make it all seem real. That happens to be something I love when reading fantasy books. For example on pages 17-19, when Lucy was writing her journal entry, the author made Lucy seem like a typical teenager, and yet she has this difference that is totally not normal; she ISN'T human.

You would like this book if you like Mythical creatures. There are dragons and a unicorn in this book, which are mythical creatures. In fact, this book is mostly about dragons. You would also like this book if you like strong female characters. This book has a few strong female characters. For example, Lucy, who plays an important part in the book, and Zanna, who almost died protecting her daughter; Alexa.

One challenge of this book was figuring out whether Tam was good or evil. Even though it seemed as if Tam was good, he was just so mysterious that it made me wonder whose side he was on. The bear personalities seemed kind of creepy. Lucy didn't seem too comfortable around him, maybe because he's betrayed them before, or maybe because she liked him but found out that he was in love with Zanna. In the end, he turned out to be on the good side.

Lucy is a typical teenager, ALMOST. She was born from an egg and is part dragon. She is nice, but is kind of jealous of her part sister; Zanna. The reason is because her sister "gets all of the attention". She wishes that things would go back to normal, basically she wants everyone to be happy. She wants her and her family's life to be peaceful. She's scared of the Ix because they have messed with her mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Fire.