Roberta Blablanski's Reviews > Faking a Groom

Faking a Groom by D.J. Jamison

71192752

bookshelves: arc-for-review, audio-book, mm, fake-relationship, series, second-chance, found-family
Read 2 times. Last read October 27, 2020 to October 31, 2020.

Narration 3.5 stars
Story 4 stars

Wyatt Baker is a new-to-me narrator, and it usually takes a few books for me to get accustomed to a voice. At times it was difficult to distinguish which MC was speaking as both characters were voiced the same. For me, it's easier to follow along with a story when a narrator uses a different tone or inflection for each main character. Having said that, the narration was more than acceptable. Baker's performance was enjoyable and I would listen to another of book narrated by him.

As for the story, one of my favorite tropes--fake relationship--is the main plot point and is what drew me to this book. Though the writing felt repetitive at times, I thoroughly enjoyed Avery and Rory and the evolution of their relationship. It was sweet how they reconnected years after their high school fling. Avery's dad was an excellent villain. Other minor characters were fleshed out and complimented Avery and Rory's story. I especially loved Rory's family.

Although part of a series, I didn't feel lost at any point during this story. Faking the Groom can absolutely be read as a stand-alone.

In all, I'd recommended this book for anyone who loves fake relationships, found family, and second chances.

***Special thanks to Neon Rainbow ARC Reviews for a copy in exchange for an honest review.***
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faking a Groom.

Finished Reading