Danielle's Reviews > Freakin' Fabulous: How to Dress, Speak, Act, Eat, Sleep, Entertain, Decorate, and Generally Be Better Than Everyone Else

Freakin' Fabulous by Clinton Kelly

Oct 24, 2008

bookshelves: non-fiction, tidbits
Recommended to Danielle by: Emily
Read in January, 2009

For what it was, this book was totally fabulous. If you disagree, that just proves how much more fabulous I am than you.
This book wasn't highly applicable to me, but it was highly entertaining, and it took me all of, um, 2 hours to read basically the entire thing (I did skim the section on wine pairings, but I think that's excusable considering my entire circle of friends and aquaintances is dry). Anyway, it's basically a big, easy-to-read magazine.
I had seen Clinton Kelly on "What Not To Wear," but never realized how truly hilarious he is. His personality is what made this book so enjoyable.
On the slightly downside, if you are a normal person, this book will probably make you feel unfabulous for not having your clothes tailored or serving canapes at your cocktail parties. On the upside, the general theme of this book is that we can all be more fabulous, which basically means living better and being a better person. Snobbery is not fabulous, but gentility is, and this book is loaded with it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Freakin' Fabulous.

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I need to be more fabulous. Maybe I need a few cocktail parties and tailored clothes. Love your if you disagree with me, then I'm more fabulous than you :)