Paris's Reviews > Caressed by Ice

Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh

Jul 04, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, pnr, favorite-fictional-males, must-read-series, psy-changeling-sos-challenge
Read from July 04 to 05, 2012

When I first started reading the Psy-Changeling series everyone kept telling me that Judd was their favorite. When we meet him in the first two books he seems so cold and distant that I wasn’t sure how he could possibly warm up and grab me like he did for them. Well now that I’m done with his story, I can totally see the appeal. Judd is definitely at the top of my Psy-Changeling list, but he comes in a very close second behind my favorite series male, which is Vaughn.

While the first two books featured female Psy falling in love with male changelings, this one changed things up and showed a female changeling fall in love with a male Psy…the coldest, most difficult male Psy that any of them had ever met. No one, including me, thought that Brenna would be able to wear Judd down, but of course this is a PNR so we were bound to get our happy ending. There is so much depth to both Brenna and Judd, so many secrets and dark things haunting them, that at one point I wasn’t sure either of them would be able to fully break away from their pasts and be happy with each other, but I should have known better.

Besides the great romance and the personal growth of many characters, this book also featured some wheeling and dealing on both the Psy front and the changeling front. I knew things would start getting heated, but I am still surprised by the lengths that people are willing to go to get what they want. The Psy still scare the crap out of me and I look forward to seeing how things continue to play out in future books. I’m definitely a fan of this serious. I’m thankful I listened to my Goodreads friends and started reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caressed by Ice.

07/04/2012 "Now I get to see what all the fuss is about." 1 comment